Below is the list of projects that have been undertaken or currently running at EASHESD:
- Enhancing Capacities of Women to Leadership Positions in Universities in Uganda (WOLEP) Funded by: Government of the Republic of Uganda through Makerere University Research and Innovations Fund. Principal Investigator: Dr. Florence Nakamanya
- Capability Enhancement Project for Innovative Doctoral Education at Ugandan Universities (CEPIDE) Funded by: Government of the Republic of Uganda through Makerere University Research and Innovations Fund. Principal Investigator: Dr. Irene Etomaru
- Pedagogical Leadership for Academic Staff in Higher Education Institutions to Enhance Graduate Work Readiness and Transition to Work (PLASHE-WIL). Funded by: Government of the Republic of Uganda through Makerere University Research and Innovations Fund Principal Investigator: Dr. Ronald Bisaso
- Building Institutional Capacity in Leadership and Management of Ethiopian Universities (LMEU) (decision number HEL7M0453-79, 23.03.2017, decision) 2017-2020 including student and staff exchange.
- Tuning Africa Project Phase II - project number: EAC-2015-0138 - Makerere University, Higher Education Management Subject Area Group
- Strengthening Institutional Capacity for Higher Education Leadership and Management in sub-Saharan Africa (LMUU II) (2013-2015) Partners: Uganda Management Institute (UMI), Makerere University (MU), University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), University of Helsinki (UH) and University of Tampere (UTA) - the coordinating partner funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Finland
- “LMUU-NSS Leadership and Management in Universities ”(the “Project”) (CIMO decisionnumber 2014-NSS-1). The North-South-South Progamme is funded from the Official Develoment Aid of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (“MFA”) by CIMO based on a contract between MFA and CIMO. The key activities were student and staff exchanges between Tampere University, Makerere University, Uganda Management Institute and the University of KwaZulu Natala (UKZN) South Africa. UKZN also offered an intensive doctoral course.
- Building Institutional Capacity for Training Leadership and Management of Ugandan Universities (LMUU) (12 May 2011 - 31 December 2012) Uganda Management Institute, Makerere University, University of Helsinki, University of Tampere funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Finland